A group of seventeen men and women met in September, 1865, in the school building in Auburn to discuss organizing a Presbyterian Church to serve the surrounding community. The Rev. James H. Morton of Russellville, Kentucky, was appointed chairman and Eldon H. Sloss as secretary. In October, 1865, the group sent as their representative Mr. Asa Holland, an ordained elder to a meeting of Logan Presbytery held in Pleasant Hill Church, Warren County, Kentucky, near Rockfield to ask admittance to the Presbytery, which was done; hence, Auburn Presbyterian Church, with its seventeen charter members met in the school building, with new members added at each service for sometime.
A committee composed of W. H. Stagner, J. O. Perkins, and Eldon H. Sloss, was appointed to investigate a cost of a church building and report to a traveling agent sent out by the church session to solicit members and funds. The frame church building, now occupied by the Church of Christ, was begun in October, 1867. A manse was built in 1890 on the back of this church building.
The church had purchased the lot where the present building now stands, and in 1900 a new brick church building was constructed; being dedicated on Easter Sunday, April 1901, with the Rev. Ira Landrith preaching the sermon. the first church building and manse were sold that year for $750. This second church building burned following morning service on October 18, 1931, and in 1932 our present church building was erected, and dedicated in October, 1932, with Dr. H. S. Murdoch preaching the sermon.
First Presbyterian Church
141 North Lincoln Street
Auburn, Kentucky 42206